LATEST OS 5.0 : 8900 220.127.116.11
* Applications: 18.104.22.168
* Software Platform: 22.214.171.124
* File size: 132.6MB
Please make sure you back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option. NOTE: If you get an error during this process, clear your browser cache (Browser > Menu Key > options > cache operation > clear all of them)
You may also want to backup your 3rd party applications.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE DOING THIS PROCESS. I AND OTHERS CONFIRM THAT IT WORKS!
Please use THE WAY now. Until we can get an MSI for this build, you have to do it manually. The New Version was screwing people up. If you tried the NEW way and it didnt work, just use THE WAY
Please also remember to use krackMem if you want to remove modules that are already installed.
1. Download 9530 126.96.36.199 and install it
2. Download 9500 188.8.131.52 and install it
3. Go to C:\program files\common files\research in motion\shared\loader files
Your program files might be C:\Program Files X86 if you are running a 64-bit windows installation. If you do not know what I am talking about here, just ignore this line.
4. Go into the 103 directory and then go into Java
5. Select all of these files and COPY them
6. Go back one directory (so your into the 103 directory) and create a new folder called Java103.
7. Paste these files into this directory. It serves as your backup 103
8. Now go back into the loader files directory so you can now go into 106
9. Now that your in 106, go into the Java folder and copy everything.
10. Go back into 103/Java and paste. Confirm that you should overwrite everything. Some of the old CDMA files will remain there.
11. Then uninstall .106 from the control panel.
12. Now use the AppLoader located at "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe"
It will be loading .106 files. You can confirm this by checking on the core files details. It should also say update.
13. Wait and you will be done with the greatest OS yet!